Thursday, April 10, 2008

Here's A Teaser

We have received a lot of requests to post a photo of Alex. We have another week before we can do that, but thought I would post a teaser photo that was taken the first day we met him. When we met him, we were taken into the Groupa's play room and were allowed to spend some private time with him. A part of this time was over lunch and we were able to watch him eat his lunch and feed him. This is Lara feeding him for the first time. You only get the rear view, but if the back looks this cute, the front has to be even better!

The weather has been very nice the last couple of days. I am feeling almost 100% again, and Alex and I are spending our time together outside chasing butterflies and picking up rocks. As many of you who know me will understand, I am hoping he becomes an avid outdoorsman and all around nature boy. Lara bought him a game where a small fishing pole and line are connected to a magnet. There are several fish that he can catch with the magnet. This game has been a big hit. A very good sign. I can't wait to get him to the end of the dock, back home on Lake Sarah, pulling in sunnies and crappie. He will love it.

I was invited to go on Friday for a day trip to Yalta with my new friends from Spain. Yalta is on the Black Sea about a two hour drive from Simferopol (go to the maps link). If the weather is good, we'll leave around 10:00 in the morning and come home late in the afternoon/early evening. I will post next on Saturday so you all can check back into the blog on Saturday morning when you wake up.

Dos Vadania!

1 comment:

Susan P. said...

Hi Scott,
A few more weeks and you'll be home sporting a new buzz cut and a cute son!! That was a teaser of a photo...we can't wait to meet him even more. He is already getting your personality it seems with his independence. I hope you're not worrying too much about work, nothing significant enough to distract you from what you're doing which is muhc, much more important.

You must be challenged keeping busy now that Lara is gone. When you have time, text her cell/wk # so I can give her call and catch up, ok?

Take Care,
Susan P.